Right off the bat, I think this is a little silly and playing a little too much chicken little. In Firefox 2, Google’s new “safe browsing” features seem to have more than a few folks ticked off. Why? It is because Google will control the list of Web sites that may be “miscreants”. So we want fixes to the problem, but we don’t want one person to be solving the problem? This is like calling a plumber to fix a leak and telling him to bring three or four buddies to make sure he did his job right.
Is Firefox 2.0 a Google Mole?
Jun/01 in Security
- My Initial Firefox 4 Thoughts Jan/18
- RSS Feed Change, Please Read! Nov/05
- Goodbye Status Bar, Hello Add-on Bar Jan/19
- Optimized Firefox for Windows? Oct/20
- RIP Xmarks Sep/28
- MaskMe: Online Privacy Protection Dec/13
- AutoProxy Dec/12
- Search Engine That Does NOT Track You Dec/11
- MEGA Dec/10
- QuickJava Dec/09
- Dwight Stegall: I prefer Ant Video Downloader add-on. It works on ...
- Dwight Stegall: I use Ant Video Downloader toolbar in Firefox and ...
- KA: Urgh, does feedly allow me to drag and drop to org...
- Dwight Stegall: This works really well. But you have to use the on...
- Silas Mann: Just click middle mouse button....