Need an easier way to keep in touch with your friends on the Web? You have your Twitter add-ons and your Facebook add-ons. What about one that promises to connect them all? That is what the Friendbar add-on for Firefox is all about.
The nice thing here is that it displays a running stream of text and photo updates from Facebook and Twitter right on the toolbar, and allows you to post updates and reply from the toolbar itself.
Some of the features included are:
- View your Facebook and Twitter updates, right on Friendbar
- Get a stream of your friends Facebook photos right on Friendbar
- Roll over the photos to view an enlarged version
- Click on the enlarged photo (or album name) to visit the photo or albums web page
- Get an alert when a new message arrives
- Send Twits and Facebook updates from Friendbar (separately or both together)
- Automatically create a tiny URL for the web page you are viewing
- Click on links in text updates to open the link in a new tab
- Toggle Text updates and Photos on and off
For those people out there having a hard time managing their friends from one web site to the next, this experimental add-on from Firefox can come in really handy. I would like to see them add support for other social networks down the line – but since this is still a brand spanking new add-on for Firefox, I am sure even more updates are yet to come.
You can pick the Friendbar up via the Firefox add-ons web site.