Another jewel in the ruff I discovered when browsing around the Mozilla add-ons site was SmarterFox. What does this add-on to the browser do for you? It helps make browsing the web just that much faster…and smarter!
Where are the features? Here are some of the thinks I liked about this awesome add-on to your browser:
- Search by selecting/highlighting text and then clicking on the popup bubble
- Google results automatically show up in the Awesomebar/URL bar as you type (faster than going to google.com)
- Easily switch between search engines during a search with a single click
- Convert text URLs into clickable links
- Automatically copy on select / paste on middle click / paste on right click (NOT enabled by default)
- Visit bookmarks quickly with keyboard shortcuts using qLauncher
- Adds "related articles" side-pane to Wikipedia
There is definitely a lot of browser tweaking to be loved here. It is that type of extension that does many things well, instead of focusing on doing one thing really well. So if you would like to kill several birds with on stone – this is the pick me up your browser has been looking for.
Want to give it a shot? Pickup SmarterFox on the Mozilla add-ons site and let me know what you think. Has it helped you browse the Web any faster or smarter?