In an effort to simplify the Firefox interface, did you know you can make a few changes in the about:config page to move the close tab buttons around? I’ll show you how to move it to the far right of the browser, in just six easy steps.
Before the tweak (notice the close tab button is on the tab itself)
After the tweak (notice the close tab button has been moved to the far right)
Now what is the secret? You just need to do a little editing in your about:config page.
- Type in about:config in the Firefox address bar
- Tell Firefox you’ll be careful, promise! (unless you already asked Firefox not to be warned about this anymore)
- In the the filter box you see at the top, type in browser.tabs.closeButtons
- Right-click it’s entry on the about:config page, and choose “Modify”
- Change the value from 1 to 3 (you can switch it back the same way if you don’t like it)
- You are done! Enjoy your tab closing button in it’s new location!
Hope you enjoyed this quick customization tip, using the powers of the about:config settings and configurations. If you enjoyed this one, be sure to check out the other about:config tweaks we have covered in the past too.