Looking for a Firefox tab extension that does a little ‘bit of everything? Look no further than Tab Utilities.
This add-on for Firefox really is your proverbial utility knife when it comes to controlling, editing or optimizing your browser tabs for better performance.
Not for the faint of heart, this add-on really lets you control every little aspect you would ever need to change in your tabs. It really takes the best aspects out of some of the more popular tab-related extensions out there, and bundles them all into one handy add-on for the Firefox browser.
Here are just a few of the features it provides:
- Open Bookmarks/History/URL/Search in new tabs: left-click/enter in new foreground tabs, middle-click in new background tabs, ctrl-click/alt-enter in current tab
- Open new tabs next to current tab, Open duplicate tabs next to original tab
- Reuse current/last/all blank tabs, Auto-close redundant blank tabs
- Focus adjacent unread/last selected/last opened/left tab after closing current tab
- Highlight current/unread tabs
- Ctrl-Tab to navigate tabs in most recently used order, Ctrl-Left/Right Arrow in sequential order
- Undo Close Tab button
- openAllInTab/loadAllInBackground/loadAllInForeground statusbar buttons
- Tab clicking options, including left/middle/right/double/ctrl/alt/shift-click on tab/tab bar/new tab button
- Duplicate/Protect/Lock/Faviconize/Hide/Pin Tab
You can pick up the Tab Utilities add-on from the Firefox Add-ons web site. If you are looking for the best add-on, when it comes to controlling how the tabs work in Firefox, it is hard to say there is any extension with more features out there.