Mozilla Labs has started it’s first international gaming competition, Game On 2010. All developers of all experience levels are invited to take part in the fun, to create games for the Web. Game developers have until January 11, 2011 to get their entries in.
It looks like several prizes will be awarded, so there is plenty of goals to shoot for:
- Best Overall – the best overall score
- Best Technology – the highest technology score
- Best Web-iness – the highest web-iness score
- Best Aesthetics – the highest aesthetics score
- Most Original – the highest originality score
- Best Polish – the highest polish score
- Most Fun – the highest fun score
- Community Choice- the entry with the highest official average score
Also, I would not be surprised to see Mozilla Labs add more entries, depending on the number of entries. The grand prize will be a trip for to to GOC, the Game Developers Conference.
For more details on the contest – be sure to check out gaming.mozillalabs.com.
Winners will be announced January 31, 2010. So if you are an indy game developer, with some time to spare – I’d highly encourage you to check out Mozilla’s contest here. It should be really interesting and fun to see what games are developed out of the Mozilla fan base too.