The Pale Moon Project says they can get Firefox to perform 25% faster, through the art of optimization. You see, the Pale Moon Project is all about creating a custom-built and optimized Firefox browser for Windows users to enjoy.
Are you interested? Here are a few more features Pale Moon has:
- Highly optimized for current processors
- 100% Firefox sourced: As safe as the browser that has seen years of development.
- Uses slightly less memory because of disabled redundant and optional code
- Significant speed increases for page drawing and script processing
- Support for SVG and Canvas
- Support for Firefox extensions, themes and personas
You can also get more geeky details on the differences on Pale Moon’s Technical Details page.
Now for my word of warning. The way this works is you install Pale Moon’s own version of Firefox, and use it – rather than the default Mozilla browser. I have not tried this yet myself, because I am not sure if it stands alone as it’s own browser or over-rides the default Firefox browser.
If you give it a shot – please leave your reviews in the comments! Also, big thanks goes out to Ramadas from our Facebook Fan Page who gave me the suggestion to check this neat download out in the first place. You can learn more about Pale Moon over at palemoon.org.