Firefox should remember passwords by default. If you have turned off or disabled this feature though, it might not. Every so often, I need to use the Firefox password manager to remember a password, and it seems that for the life of me I can not get it to do it. What might be the problem? Check your exceptions!
I can tell you that from experience, this accidental movement can prevent your passwords from being saved by the browser. Take these steps to see if this might be the reason why your password hasn’t been saving:
- From the menu toolbar, go to Tools and then Options…
- Next, select the Security Panel
- Just to double check, if it isn’t already marked – make sure you check Remember passwords for sites
- Now, to the right of where it says, "Remember passwords for sites", click on the button labeled, Exceptions…
- Check the list, and make sure the website you are trying to log into is not on that list. If it is, just select the entry for the website – and click remove.
Now, close out those option windows and give it another shot. Firefox should now let you remember the password for the website in question now, if you had an entry to delete or you did not have the "Remember passwords for sites" option checked.