Lightweight Speed Dial

Sugestron Speed Dial

In the year 2025, when we are looking back at what Google Chrome really brought to the web browsing world and we are all being chased around by robots, I think the one thing we will remember the most is the speed dial feature.  Here is another add-on that gives you that ability named Sugestron Speed Dial.

Before the robot apocalypse gets here, let me first say that I really like Sugestron Speed Dial. Yes, it does what other speed dial add-ons do, but it does so in a very simple way.  Some of the features included are:

• Automatically filled based on your navigation
  • Open one of the websites using Ctrl + [number of slot position] shortcut.
  • Websites can be fixed to a position using the green pin button in the speed dial interface, or by clicking with your mouse right button when visiting a website and choosing "Add to speed dial…" to select a slot where it should be fixed.
  • Remove a website from speed dial by clicking the red button.

Also, the developer warns against using this and another add-on that effects the new tab page because if you do, his add-on will no longer work.

Sugestron Speed Dial gives you access to the 8 websites you have visited the most, it is really lightweight and deserves your time and attention.  You can pick it up over at the Firefox Add-ons website.

, , , , ,

7 Responses to Lightweight Speed Dial

1. derek Jan/03 at 11:47 am #

does not work for me. It displays blank new tab page. I have turned off all other new tab addons which normally work but this one still seems to have a problem

• Mitch Jan/04 at 7:40 am #

Very odd, I didn’t have any issues using it. Might contact the author of the add-on and let him know you are having problems.

2. john Jan/03 at 3:16 pm #

And just how is this better than bookmarks? How often do we land on this “Speed Dial” page, perhaps when we first fire up FF?

• Mitch Jan/04 at 7:40 am #

I wouldn’t say it was a replacement, more of an extra tool to use.

3. Kaushik Jan/03 at 11:55 pm #

In the year 2025, when we are looking back at what Google Chrome really brought to the web browsing world …. I think the one thing we will remember the most is the speed dial feature.

You didn’t do your homework. Speed Dial was invented by Opera long before Chrome was born.

• Mitch Jan/04 at 7:39 am #

Maybe so, but like most of Opera’s “innovations” – somebody else made it famous. ;)

4. Rafael Jan/10 at 1:32 pm #

Google Chrome haven’t created Speed Dial. It was first implemented by Opera web browser. As far I can remember, Safari added a Top Sites page after a long time Opera had the Speed Dial feature and only then Google Chrome came to exist.