Are you a graphic designer looking for a new muse? Mozilla has a new contest going on for designing the new Firefox 4 launch t-shirt. All they need now is your submissions for some of the best and unique Firefox 4 logo designs. The winning design will be printed as the official Firefox 4 launch t-shirt, a limited edition item featured in the Mozilla store and distributed to the world wide audience of Firefox fans.
I always love these types of public events like this that Mozilla puts together because you see all kinds of unique and excellent designs. Here are a few more things to consider and keep in mind when designing:
- Ideal printing space is roughly a 10×10 inch square canvas on the front of the shirt.
- You’ll be designing for the front only, as the back will already have the Firefox wordmark printed.
- Please include a background color suggestion in your mockup. This will be the color of the t-shirt your design is printed on.
- You can use a basic t-shirt template as a reference guide for placement and size when designing. But please submit only the design itself, not a mockup with the t-shirt.
- Files should be uploaded as high-res (300 dpi) PNGs or JPEGs. But be sure to hold onto the original working files, because if you win we will need those. Be sure to optimize the file for print, and preserve all the layers.
- Original artwork should be created using a scalable vector graphics editor program (SVG format), such as Adobe Illustrator or Inkscape.
The submission period ends on March 13, so act now and get your design together. Let me know if you submit one too – would love to feature it here on Firefox Facts. To learn more about how to participate, check out creative.mozilla.org.