Some of us do a lot of content sharing via Facebook. You like to share news, links and interesting stuff with your friends and family members via Facebook too, right? If so – you might want to check out the new LikeJournal add-on for Firefox. This add-on (plus website service) will create a searchable database of all the links you like via the Facebook like button.
Archive | April, 2011
Now that Firefox 4 is out in the wild, Mozilla is changing up the way we all test and update Firefox. Users will now have three different variations of Firefox to download at any given time. Now, most people will want to download the final release version – as that is the most stable of the bunch. However, for those of you who like to test Firefox out as the development cycle rolls on – you have some exciting new things to look forward to.
Miss the colorfulness of the old Firefox 3 theme? For those of you who think the new Firefox 4 theme is a little too vanilla or washed out – there is an option. Go pick up the overly obvious named Firefox 3 theme for Firefox 4+. This theme will return your browser to a more colorful time, where your toolbar buttons had some color – but still allows you to keep the sleek new design and features that Firefox 4 delivers.
Firefox 4 really brought a new look and feel to the browser that was refreshing for me. However, some people still like the overall look and feel of the Google Chrome browser more. Well, now you can have the best of both worlds with the FXChrome theme for Firefox.
Need a way to quickly do more with your mouse when browsing the web using Firefox? The MouseControl add-on is a nifty tool that allows you to switch, close, quick return, duplicate and zoom just by clicking on your mouse buttons.
Some people have been emailing me and letting me know they miss the drop down history list that used to be by the back/forward buttons in Firefox 3.6. If you check out the browser interface of Firefox 4 – it appears this feature was stripped away. Was it really?
Need a quick way to open up all the tabs you have open in Firefox? As you may have already noticed – Firefox 4 has a pretty nifty "Switch to Tab" function that allows you to switch to an open tab, rather than re-launching the same website twice. What if you could open up all the open tabs in the Awesome bar?
- My Initial Firefox 4 Thoughts Jan/18
- RSS Feed Change, Please Read! Nov/05
- Goodbye Status Bar, Hello Add-on Bar Jan/19
- Optimized Firefox for Windows? Oct/20
- RIP Xmarks Sep/28
- Cookie Controller Dec/06
- YouTube Auto Replay Dec/05
- cssUpdater Dec/04
- 24 Alert Add-ons You Can Not Live Without – Part 2 Dec/03
- 24 Alerts Add-on You Can Not Live Without – Part 1 Dec/02
- Dwight Stegall: I prefer Ant Video Downloader add-on. It works on ...
- Dwight Stegall: I use Ant Video Downloader toolbar in Firefox and ...
- KA: Urgh, does feedly allow me to drag and drop to org...
- Dwight Stegall: This works really well. But you have to use the on...
- Silas Mann: Just click middle mouse button....