Want to keep all of your favorite websites within your immediate reach? Try out FVD Speed Dial. This add-on for Firefox will save you time. Gone are the days where you have to browse through a countless amount of bookmarks to find the page you wish to browse. Everything is right there and in your face with this speed dial extension.
These speed dial add-ons, really make getting to your favorite select number of pages very easy. Another benefit of doing things this way is you have a much more visually pleasing way to check out your favorite websites.
Here are some of the additional features worth mentioning:
- Blocking by URL or Domain – this feature allows you to exclude unwanted URLs from the Speed Dial.
- Background templates (similar to wallpapers in Windows) in browser window.
- Double click on the space near to search form and search minimizes it. Double click on the white space near to Dials allows to hide them too.
- Hold the left mouse button and move the mouse to the right or to the left in order to switch from one mode to another.
- Available modes are: Speed Dial, Most Visited, Recently Closed
- Four thumbnail sizes: Big, Medium, Small, List (just a list for those who prefer a compact view)
- Customizable color of the background. A flexible palette of colors is available.
- Several modes for setting the background image: Fill, Fit, Stretch, Tile, Center same as in Windows.
- Customizable font size and color in Speed Dial. A flexible palette of colors is available.
- Activation/Deactivation Favicon+Title and URL under the Dials
- Activate or deactivate Flash, Silverlight and Java Script when creating a screenshot for the Dial.
- Customizable page opening mode in the Speed Dial: in the current tab, in a new tab (Hotkey: Ctrl+Click), in a background tab (Hotkey:Ctrl+Shift+Click).
- Customizable number of rows in the Speed Dial. Auto mode available.
Want to give it a shot? You can download the FVD Speed Dial add-on for Firefox from the Firefox Add-ons website.