Some people like to smoothly scroll down a webpage, but do not want to do this any other place on their computer. You can bring smooth mouse wheel scrolling to the browser with the SmoothWheel extension for Firefox. The purpose of this add-on is pretty simple, it lets you smoothly scroll down a webpage with your mouse wheel, rather than going down a few lines at a time.
Here are some of the reasons (from the developer) that you should give this add-on a shot:
– Faster navigation within long web pages (dynamic scroll distance).
– Less disorientation when scrolling, especially with long texts (fluid scroll).
– Reading while scrolling is actually possible.
– No learning curve – unaltered interaction, but more useful outcome.
– Very customizable, sane defaults.
– Fun, Addictive – may trigger an emotional response
Once enabled, SmoothWheel offers an enhanced and configurable way to handle smooth scrolling in Firefox. You can pick up this extension for Firefox from the Firefox Add-ons website.