Have you ever run into the problem where thumbnail images are missing from your new tab page in Firefox? The new tab page’s purpose is to show you pictures of websites you visit frequently – however sometimes these images never load or are just missing. However, you might be able to fix that!
Here are the steps you need to take to restore pictures on each thumbnail that is missing on the new tab page.
- Open the New Tab page by clicking the + button on the tab strip.
- Click on one of the blank images to go to a website. Note, that it works only for left-click, opening in new tab doesn’t do the trick.
- This is important – let the website finish loading (wait for the spinning green loading icon in the tab to stop).
- Open the new tab page again and you will see a new image for the website you just went to.
- Repeat this process for the rest of the missing images.
Another thing you should remember is that some websites don’t allow files to be cached, so these may never actually show a thumbnail. Also, if you clear your web history or cache each time you restart Firefox (or any other time), this will remove your thumbnails on the new tab page too.