With most modern browsers, the idea of having pop-up advertisements is a thing of the past. However, sometimes you do need to see a pop-up window. Most often I see this with websites that have old membership areas that haven’t been updated in a long time. I also have this problem on my bank’s website too. So how can you tell Firefox to let certain domains show pop-up windows?
Here are the steps you will need to follow:
To access the pop-up blocker settings:
- At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Firefox button and then select Options
- Select the Content panel.
In the content panel:
- Block pop-up windows: Uncheck this to disable the pop-up blocker altogether.
- Exceptions: This is a list of sites that you want to allow to display pop-ups.
The dialog has the following choices:
- Allow: Click this to add a website to the exceptions list.
- Remove Site: Click this to remove a website from the exceptions list.
- Remove All Sites: Click this to remove all of the websites in the exceptions list.
So there you have it, now you should be able to view pop-ups on the websites you add to the exceptions list.