Would you like to zoom in on a webpage with tiny text? Maybe you need to make a website with huge text a little smaller? Thankfully, Firefox makes it really easy to zoom in and out of a webpage to make it more readable. You can do it with the keyboard, your mouse, the menu or via the toolbar menus.
- To zoom in, increasing the size, press and hold Ctrl while pressing +.
- To zoom out, decreasing the size, press and hold Ctrl while pressing -.
- To reset size back to normal, press and hold Ctrl while pressing 0.
If your mouse has a scroll wheel, press and hold Ctrl while scrolling up to zoom in and down to zoom out.
- Press the Alt key to temporarily bring up the traditional Firefox menus. At the top of the Firefox window, click the View menu, then go to Zoom.
- Select either Zoom In, Zoom Out, or Reset for their corresponding action.
- Right-click on an empty section of the Tab Strip, select Customize… and the Customize Toolbar window will open.
- In the Customize Toolbar window, click and drag the “Zoom Controls” toolbar item to the desired place on one of your toolbars.
- Click Done to save the changes to your toolbars.
- You can now use the + icon on the customized toolbar to zoom in, and the – icon on the customized toolbar to zoom out.
Do you often fiddle with the text sizes on websites? One feature I like that Firefox provides is the ability to zoom in and out of one domain – while other pages are left alone.