Save Text to File is a Firefox add-on that allows you to save highlighted text to an external text file. This is one of those features you never realize how handy it will be until you start using it. I often like to save ‘bits of articles and other things I read to go back to it later. This makes saving that information in a new location all that much easier.
Here are a few of the features:
- Add date to saved file name
- Add time to saved file name
- Add date to the beginning of saved text
- Add time to the beginning of saved text
- Add a line separator to the file before saved text
- Save current URL in file
- Open preferences dialog when “Save Text to File” is clicked
- Text encoded using UTF-8 (Unicode) so all international characters can be stored correctly
- Determines context clicked and only shows “Save to File” menuitem if context is text
- Ability to either append text to existing file or create a new file
Want to give Save Text to File a shot? You can download it from the Firefox Add-ons website.