In the latest versions of Firefox, you have the ability to use their free built-in PDF viewer, rather than using one that you have had to download to check out what PDF files have to say. However, some people have emailed in and have requested a way to disable this new feature in Firefox.
Here are the steps you need to follow to disable Firefox’s built in PDF viewer and use your own:
- At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Firefox button and then select Options
- Select the Applications panel.
- Find Portable Document Format (PDF) in the list and click on it to select it.
- Click on the drop-down arrow in the Action column for the above entry and select the PDF viewer you wish to use.
- Click OK to close the Options window
Hope you enjoyed that tip. Personally, I like the fact that Firefox has their own PDF viewer – but I can see where people might want to use a program they bought or downloaded to do the same task. Thankfully Mozilla gives us the option to get that done.