Don’t you hate it when you accidently add a word in Firefox’s dictionary? Most of us can let this go – well, they can let it go until they see that word pop up again. Then it is a rage that builds up inside us because we don’t know how to remove that accidentally added word from the dictionary. Don’t worry, I am here to help!
Here are the steps you need to follow:
At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Firefox button, go over to the Help menu and select Troubleshooting Information. The Troubleshooting Information tab will open.
- Under the Application Basics section, click on Show Folder. A window with your profile files will open.
- At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Firefox button and then select Exit
- Open the file persdict.dat in a text editor (such as Wordpad).
- In the text editor each word you’ve added is on a separate line. Remove the line, containing the word you wish to remove.
- Click the File menu, and select Save, to save your work.
Now you can rejoice at the fact you can remove words accidentally added to the Firefox dictionary.