It is always a good idea to clear your browser’s cache. This is the location that all the files, scripts, and other assorted parts of a webpage are stored. By doing so, you can make sure you are viewing the latest and greatest versions of any website you are browsing. So, how can you do all of this automatically?
Here are the steps you need to take.
You can set Firefox to automatically clear the cache when Firefox closes:
- At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Firefox button and then select Options
- Select the Privacy panel.
- In the History section, set Firefox will: to Use custom settings for history.
- Select the check box for Clear history when Firefox closes.
- Beside Clear history when Firefox closes, click the Settings… button. The Settings for Clearing History window will open.
- In the Settings for Clearing History window, click the check mark box next to Cache.
- Click OK to close the Settings for Clearing History window.
- Click OK to close the Options window
Once you have done this, Firefox’s cache should be cleared automatically.