The add-on Master Password+ will give you new enhancements to build up the master password feature inside of Firefox. It locks the master security device on demand or after a specific time. You can also have it prompt it to activate when Firefox is started up.
Here are some of the features of this fantastic add-on for Firefox:
- Ability to enable or disable timeout
- Toolbar, addressbar and statusbar icons
- Icons are dynamic and represent current state of master password, such as locked/unlocked or unset
- Options to hide the icons and/or menu items
- Set options directly from “Change Master Password” window
- Lock application on demand or with timer
- Two different timers for logout and lock
- Hotkey to logout/login master security device (default: ALT + L)
- Hotkey to lock application and/or individual windows (default: ALT + SHIFT + L and CTRL + ALT + SHIFT + L)
- Easy access to options or set/change master password via right click on toolbar/statusbar icons or tools menu
- Option to prompt master password on startup (work around for Bug 536140 which prompts multiple times for master password on startup).
Master Password+ can be downloaded from the Firefox Add-ons website.