Want to make the find bar better? FindBar Tweak adds anything between simple tweaks such as placing the findbar in the top corner, to the powerful “Find in All Tabs” tool, FindBar Tweak will make your find toolbar “just right”!
Here are some of the features of FindBar Tweak:
- Move Findbar to the top of the window, it will be displayed above the webpage, either on the left or on the right (like Google Chrome)
- Override the default global Findbar (default in Firefox 24 and below) behavior with:
- Close the findbar when clicking somewhere in the webpage (when it loses focus)
- Findbar starts closed in new tabs (default in Firefox 25 and above)
- Remember the Findbar’s opened/closed state on startup
- Ctrl+F (Command+F on Mac) toggles the FindBar (close it too)
- Optionally only close it if the search value in the Findbar is the same as the selected text if there is any
- Toolbar Button to open and close the FindBar.
- Drag it from the toolbar customization window and place it in a toolbar to use it, just like any other toolbar button.
- Hide Findbar close button, button labels and ‘Find:’ label
- Resize the find text field by dragging its border (right border when the Findbar is on the left, left border when the Findbar is on the right)
- Double-click on the border to immediately resize to the maximum/minimum width possible.
- Enable/Disable QuickFind so you can search for text immediately by typing anywhere in the webpage
This is a really great add-on that adds a lot of new and useful features to the find function in Firefox. Want to learn more? You can pick up the FindBar Tweak add-on from the Firefox Add-ons website.