This add-on is very simple: on installation, it backs up and then resets your search preferences and home page to their default values, and then uninstalls itself. This affects the search bar, URL bar searches, and the home page.
The complete set of action performed by this add-on on installation are:
- reset “browser.startup.homepage” pref to its default value
- reset “keyword.URL” pref to its default value
- reset “browser.search.defaultenginename” pref to its default value
- new in version 0.2: resets browser.newtab.url to its default value
- restores the build’s default search engine if it was removed
- moves the build’s default search engine into first position and selects it
Want to learn more? You can learn more about the SearchReset add-on from the Firefox Add-ons website.