Tired of flash videos that start playing no matter if you want them to or not? FlashStopper will make flash players show you video thumbnails rather than autoplaying and ruining your browsing session.
Here are some of the things that make FlashStopper special:
• Allow autoplay for websites (Exceptions > Allow)
• Proactive blocking for websites (Exceptions > Block)
Prevent script activation by tweaking the source code of the pages
• Toolbarbutton to simplify allowing/blocking sites
Quick add-on enable/disable (Left-double-click)
If site still autoplay try enabling proactive blocking for the embedded site (remove blocking if it doesn’t work).
If flash functionality breaks on site add it to allowed sites (to prevent handling).
Should work on:
• YouTube – flash & html5
• Msn | Bing
• Yahoo – flash & html5 (with proactive blocking)
• Aol | Huffington Post
• BBC News
• NBA.com – onsite player
• a lot of embedded players and live streaming (some with proactive blocking)
Want to learn more about this add-on? Check it out at the Firefox Add-ons website.