Chris Pirillo has just posted about a great PlayStation Portable related program that will let you read eBooks on the little system. As he also mentioned, this is a great way to thumb your way through the Firefox Facts eBook as well. Check out what Chris had to say and pick up the PSP eBook downloads he provided.
Archive | Resources RSS feed for this section
At CyberNet Technology News, they have a nice article about Firefox’s memory usage and what extensions you can get rid of to lighten the memory load. Some of the memory leakers are: IE Tab, Session Saver, and Forecast Fox.
Memory leaks will slow down Firefox’s performance. However, if you don’t see a problem and you like browsing the way you are browsing, just keep doing what your doing. The sky isn’t falling just yet, but it is good to have this information handy.
When you reformat your computer or getting a new one, you always have to go through the process of getting Firefox back to the way you like it. Did you know, you could save yourself a lot of trouble if you would just make a copy of your Firefox profile? After making a copy, you can plug it into the new Firefox install and get back to browsing.
This morning, Mark submitted a link that would help you do just that. ForeverGeek.com has a nice tutorial on how to duplicate your existing Firefox profile. This is a nice way to make a backup of your profile as well, just incase things on your PC go bad.
The folks over at Download.com have a good guide when it comes to optimizing performance in the Firefox browser. Some of the recommendations are common sense, such as clearing out your downloads. Others might be something you haven’t thought of before, such as deleting extensions you don’t use too often. If your browser seems to be lagging a little here lately, then this guide is worth a look.
I don’t know if I would call these real “hacks” for the Firefox search bar. I would call them more helpful tips on how to customize that space to make it more your own. Want to make the search space bigger? Want to add or remove search engines? Want to create your own search plugin? Check out this list of helpful tips.
- My Initial Firefox 4 Thoughts Jan/18
- RSS Feed Change, Please Read! Nov/05
- Goodbye Status Bar, Hello Add-on Bar Jan/19
- Optimized Firefox for Windows? Oct/20
- RIP Xmarks Sep/28
- Cookie Controller Dec/06
- YouTube Auto Replay Dec/05
- cssUpdater Dec/04
- 24 Alert Add-ons You Can Not Live Without – Part 2 Dec/03
- 24 Alerts Add-on You Can Not Live Without – Part 1 Dec/02
- Dwight Stegall: I prefer Ant Video Downloader add-on. It works on ...
- Dwight Stegall: I use Ant Video Downloader toolbar in Firefox and ...
- KA: Urgh, does feedly allow me to drag and drop to org...
- Dwight Stegall: This works really well. But you have to use the on...
- Silas Mann: Just click middle mouse button....