Want to stop websites from tracking your behavior and details? Firefox supports a new feature that will hopefully be the solution to this problem. It is called Do-not-track. It is easy enough to enable too. All you have to do is follow a few simple steps.
Tag Archives | advertising
Anybody who has read this website for some time knows I like to be optimistic when it comes to Mozilla, however I am not sure if I have much faith in the new Do Not Track system that has been partially put in place in the latest beta of Firefox 4. So what is all this buzz about Do Not Track about?
The Targeted Advertising Cookie Opt-Out (get it? TACO) extension sets up permanent opt-out cookies for many different advertising networks.
Here is a little more about the extension from the developer:
Unlike other earlier opt-out solutions, this tool will make the cookies completely persistent. That is, clearing the browser’s cookies will delete all other installed cookies, except these. Users wishing to delete these 40+ cookies (some advertising networks require multiple cookies, for different domain names) must first remove the add-on, before then deleting all installed cookies from the preferences window.
For a list of the 33 advertising networks that this tool help you hide from, check out the developer’s official web site. So if you are more than a little concerned about who is watching you, this is a great security related add-on to add to your Firefox install. Who said tacos aren’t good for you? This one will help protect your privacy!
- My Initial Firefox 4 Thoughts Jan/18
- RSS Feed Change, Please Read! Nov/05
- Goodbye Status Bar, Hello Add-on Bar Jan/19
- Optimized Firefox for Windows? Oct/20
- RIP Xmarks Sep/28
- Cookie Controller Dec/06
- YouTube Auto Replay Dec/05
- cssUpdater Dec/04
- 24 Alert Add-ons You Can Not Live Without – Part 2 Dec/03
- 24 Alerts Add-on You Can Not Live Without – Part 1 Dec/02
- Dwight Stegall: I prefer Ant Video Downloader add-on. It works on ...
- Dwight Stegall: I use Ant Video Downloader toolbar in Firefox and ...
- KA: Urgh, does feedly allow me to drag and drop to org...
- Dwight Stegall: This works really well. But you have to use the on...
- Silas Mann: Just click middle mouse button....