Every so often, a program we install will substitute an unwanted toolbar or default search engine in Firefox and we do not want it there. What is a Firefox user to do? All you need to do is follow a few simple steps and keep a few things in mind next time you install a third party program or visit an unfamiliar website.
Tag Archives | annoyance
Want to know how to turn off that annoying “session restore” window that you get when Firefox tries to start back up from a crash? Ok, maybe annoying is a little harsh. A lot of people like the window, and a lot of people don’t like it. Who am I to judge?
If you find yourself in the camp with the annoyed folks, this is what you do:
1. type about:config in your browser URL
2. go to the browser.sessionstore.enabled setting
3. change the setting to false
There you go! All fixed now. Thanks to the scott.hodson.blog for the source of this information, and Philip for sending me the link.
- My Initial Firefox 4 Thoughts Jan/18
- RSS Feed Change, Please Read! Nov/05
- Goodbye Status Bar, Hello Add-on Bar Jan/19
- Optimized Firefox for Windows? Oct/20
- RIP Xmarks Sep/28
- Tab History Menu May/20
- Rapportive May/17
- YSlow May/15
- Self-Destructing Cookies May/14
- RequestPolicy May/10
- Eleventh hour Lodge Booking: Hi there, I discovered your website by the use of ...
- Neila: For signature we use Brandmymail ( http://www.bran...
- Bryan Price: If you run the Nightly Firefox version, this no lo...
- jminfun: Doesn't work for FF 16...
- Albert: Firefox 20.0: It does not say: Move or resize e...