When I decided to make the leap to using Firefox’s latest beta (2.0b2) I ran into a problem. A lot of the extensions that I grew to love just crapped out on me. After I had a good cry, I did a little editing and got most of them back up and working. How can you do the same? Well, PerfectBlogger.com has been nice enough to post three ways of making your old extensions compatible with Firefox 2.0b2!
Tag Archives | beta
What the heck is tab overflow? I was confused as well:
By this point I think most people know the frustration that I had with how Mozilla handled the scrolling tab-bar in Firefox but it looks like they have found a good solution. By default I can now have a much more reasonable number of tabs open, in the area of 20-30, before the tabs start to scroll. Thank you Mozilla!
For those of you out there that like to stay on the leading edge of browsing, the newest release out of Mozilla’s lab has hit the streets and is gaining steam. Personally, I think I’ll wait for the final version to come out. If you are interested though, here are the links:
So what do you need to do to become a nightly tester of Firefox? Everybody and their grandmother seems to be excited about getting a sneak peek at the new Firefox 2. The good news for you is that anybody can try out the betas. The even better news is that CyberNet Technology News has put up a guide to get you into the nightly tester experience.
- My Initial Firefox 4 Thoughts Jan/18
- RSS Feed Change, Please Read! Nov/05
- Goodbye Status Bar, Hello Add-on Bar Jan/19
- Optimized Firefox for Windows? Oct/20
- RIP Xmarks Sep/28
- Cookie Controller Dec/06
- YouTube Auto Replay Dec/05
- cssUpdater Dec/04
- 24 Alert Add-ons You Can Not Live Without – Part 2 Dec/03
- 24 Alerts Add-on You Can Not Live Without – Part 1 Dec/02
- Dwight Stegall: I prefer Ant Video Downloader add-on. It works on ...
- Dwight Stegall: I use Ant Video Downloader toolbar in Firefox and ...
- KA: Urgh, does feedly allow me to drag and drop to org...
- Dwight Stegall: This works really well. But you have to use the on...
- Silas Mann: Just click middle mouse button....