With the DSBMarks extension for Firefox, you can start to store your bookmarks in a different way. Rather than organizing them by the folders you decide to drop them in – DSBMarks creates a date based hierarchy to sort your new bookmarks for you.
Tag Archives | bookmark
Did you know that Firefox comes in handy when it comes to proof reading pages? Using a simple bookmarklet, you can easily enable Firefox’s built in spell checker on any web site.
The first step to take would be to bookmark this link (or drag and drop it onto your bookmarks toolbar).
When the bookmarklet is clicked, Firefox will turn on the built in spellchecker and highlight any misspelled words that are on the page you are currently browsing. You can check for suggested changes too, of course they will not be saved to the page though. This quick bookmarklet does come in might handy though for anybody who spends their time proof reading any online content.
I love StumbleUpon as much as the next guy, but the toolbar they provide is quickly becoming cluttered with stuff I don’t really care about viewing. I can understand why they want to get more social and interactive – but the main attraction was to browse through web sites other had marked as interesting.
Here is the bookmarklet you’ll need to give a thumbs up to something and review. Just drag and drop this link onto your Firefox bookmarks bar.
Apparently I’m not alone. Found this on a few other web sites as well – and makes me wish that StumbleUpon would maybe create a lighter version of the toolbar. Maybe even roll out a secondary extension that just gives me a stumble button to push. Till then though this bookmarklet should do the trick.
- My Initial Firefox 4 Thoughts Jan/18
- RSS Feed Change, Please Read! Nov/05
- Goodbye Status Bar, Hello Add-on Bar Jan/19
- Optimized Firefox for Windows? Oct/20
- RIP Xmarks Sep/28
- AutoProxy Dec/12
- Search Engine That Does NOT Track You Dec/11
- MEGA Dec/10
- QuickJava Dec/09
- Cookie Controller Dec/06
- Dwight Stegall: I prefer Ant Video Downloader add-on. It works on ...
- Dwight Stegall: I use Ant Video Downloader toolbar in Firefox and ...
- KA: Urgh, does feedly allow me to drag and drop to org...
- Dwight Stegall: This works really well. But you have to use the on...
- Silas Mann: Just click middle mouse button....