We all love using tabs in our browsers and Firefox was the first browser to really let you do more things with them. Sure other browsers have tried to duplicate but few can really do it as well as the Firefox community. Here are four of my favorite and popular tab extensions you can not live without.
Tag Archives | colorful tabs
Need help distinguishing which tab is which in Firefox? OK, maybe telling where one tab ends and another begins really is not that hard. However, it would help if each tab was colored. ColorfulTabs, one of my favorite add-ons for the Firefox browser – does that with style.
Not often do the people behind the absolutely awesome Firefox add-ons, tools and the browser itself get much time in the spotlight. I recently had the chance to talk with the ColorfulTabs extension author, Shivanand Sharma, to get his views on his creation and a number of other development related questions.
What first inspired you to create the ColorfulTabs add-on for Firefox?
Before I begin I’d like to congratulate you and commend you for the great and popular blog and content you have created. A ‘hello’ to all your visitors and fans of Firefox.
Back in the old days when Firefox caught my attention, there was a page with a walk-through on how to use userchrome.css to style your toolbars and buttons. The article was created by Flexer and I was so fascinated that I spent hours coloring and styling every aspect of the browser. One day the idea just struck – what if every tab was a different color? At least the tab boundaries will be more distinguishable. It was a small idea that gave birth to ColorfulTabs. Initially ColorfulTabs just used 32 fixed colors to color each tab in a cycle (after the 32nd tab color cycle just restarted).
- My Initial Firefox 4 Thoughts Jan/18
- RSS Feed Change, Please Read! Nov/05
- Goodbye Status Bar, Hello Add-on Bar Jan/19
- Optimized Firefox for Windows? Oct/20
- RIP Xmarks Sep/28
- Dwight Stegall: I prefer Ant Video Downloader add-on. It works on ...
- Dwight Stegall: I use Ant Video Downloader toolbar in Firefox and ...
- KA: Urgh, does feedly allow me to drag and drop to org...
- Dwight Stegall: This works really well. But you have to use the on...
- Silas Mann: Just click middle mouse button....