Need a way to generate a temporary email address? These can come in handy if you need to provide your email address to sign up for something, but you don’t want them to send you tons of spam. The extension, Less Spam Please, will generate a disposable, reusable and anonymous real mail address when you need it.
Tag Archives | disposable
Here to save the day when it comes to using disposable e-mail addresses in a single click is TrashMail.net and their Firefox extension.
With this extension, you can easily with right click access create free disposable email addresses and paste them directly in forms. This helps to protect you from spam mails and could be useful when subscribing to forums or newsletters.
Previously one of my 10 ways to fix e-mail in Firefox, I don’t think this great extension has gotten the praise that it does deserve.
Personally I grow sick and tired of having to pass on my personal e-mail address to anybody who asks for it. You can think of this disposable e-mail address as your safegaurd from those who would bore or spam you till you can’t take no more in your ol’ inbox.
For some time now, when I am not sure if a place is going to spam me to death, I’ll give them a dummy E-mail address that I don’t check that often. That way I can still sign up for a service, before I see if they are going to send me a plethora of E-mail I didn’t ask for. The Temporary Inbox Firefox extension takes some of the work out of the problem by generating random disposable email addresses. Use those email addresses for registration at forums, adult sites or whatever.
- My Initial Firefox 4 Thoughts Jan/18
- RSS Feed Change, Please Read! Nov/05
- Goodbye Status Bar, Hello Add-on Bar Jan/19
- Optimized Firefox for Windows? Oct/20
- RIP Xmarks Sep/28
- AutoProxy Dec/12
- Search Engine That Does NOT Track You Dec/11
- MEGA Dec/10
- QuickJava Dec/09
- Cookie Controller Dec/06
- Dwight Stegall: I prefer Ant Video Downloader add-on. It works on ...
- Dwight Stegall: I use Ant Video Downloader toolbar in Firefox and ...
- KA: Urgh, does feedly allow me to drag and drop to org...
- Dwight Stegall: This works really well. But you have to use the on...
- Silas Mann: Just click middle mouse button....