After installing a dozen or so extensions, you menus inside of Firefox might start to look a little cluttered. How can you fix this problem? You can either start getting rid of extensions, or you can add one more. Personally I love all my extensions equally – so I am going to pick the second choice and get the Tools Menu Organizer. This will at least help you get the tools menu under control.
Tag Archives | edit
Alright, so it is not the biggest Firefox annoyance, I will give you that. Sometimes though I don’t want to have my photos resized to fit inside of the browser window. Call me crazy, but I think it distorts the picture in most cases and I still have to end up resizing it to full view to fully enjoy it. Well here is how you can get rid of that auto resizing “feature” in Firefox.
First thing you need to do is type in about:config inside of your address bar. Once you have made it there, you need to look for:
If you can’t find it, just enter that into your filter box and you should be good to go. Now here is where the magic happens! Double click that entry in about:config to set it to false. Now every time you see a picture on the Web you will be enjoying it in full view. No more resizing for you!
Wasted space is a real pain in the butt for me. I really like the SiteAdvisor extension for Firefox. The only problem that I have with it is that it takes up too much space on the bottom of the browser window.
Now before McAfee took them over I could live with the icon.
Modifying the Web is one of those things you always dreamed would happen, but always seems to fall a little short. The Platypus Firefox extension is one of those tools that gives you the ability to modify any Web site from your browser. You can then turn around and save those changes for the next time you visit.
- My Initial Firefox 4 Thoughts Jan/18
- RSS Feed Change, Please Read! Nov/05
- Goodbye Status Bar, Hello Add-on Bar Jan/19
- Optimized Firefox for Windows? Oct/20
- RIP Xmarks Sep/28
- Search Engine That Does NOT Track You Dec/11
- MEGA Dec/10
- QuickJava Dec/09
- Cookie Controller Dec/06
- YouTube Auto Replay Dec/05
- Dwight Stegall: I prefer Ant Video Downloader add-on. It works on ...
- Dwight Stegall: I use Ant Video Downloader toolbar in Firefox and ...
- KA: Urgh, does feedly allow me to drag and drop to org...
- Dwight Stegall: This works really well. But you have to use the on...
- Silas Mann: Just click middle mouse button....