Ever wanted to know how to start Firefox in Safe Mode? The Safe Mode in Firefox is a special mode that is usually used to help troubleshoot or fix problems with the browser. It resets some settings and disabled any extra things you have downloaded – like add-ons and themes.
Tag Archives | enable
Want to stop websites from tracking your behavior and details? Firefox supports a new feature that will hopefully be the solution to this problem. It is called Do-not-track. It is easy enough to enable too. All you have to do is follow a few simple steps.
One of the new features coming to Firefox 3.5 was tab tearing. What has become a nuisance for some, it lets you drag a tab outside of Firefox and launch in a new window. I kind of like the feature, however if you do not – there is an add-on that will help sooth your pain.
You will want to pickup the bug489729 add-on for Firefox. This oddly named extension comes with two main controls. You can:
- Disable Detach Tab – use this to disable tab tearing
- Enable Drop URL – use this to be able to drag a tab to your desktop to create a shortcut.
Now, what if you want to keep tab tearing, however you would like the ability to undo a tab detachment? Then you need to pick up the Undo Detach Tab add-on for Firefox. As the name says, it will add a context menu option where you can undo your tab tearing.
The team at Lifehacker have posted a great list of extensions you can use to enable some of Google Chrome’s best features inside of Firefox.
The internet is atwitter with Google Chrome’s innovative new features, but there was no clear winner in our speed test comparing Firefox and Chrome—which means your choice of browser may depend solely on features. Apart from a few specific issues (namely process management), many of Chrome’s best features are already available in Firefox 3, proving yet again the power of extensibility. From incognito browsing and the streamlined download manager to URL highlighting and improved search, let’s take a look at how you can bring some of Google Chrome’s best features to Firefox.
Here is a simple rundown of the tools mentioned:
Check out Enable Chrome’s Best Features in Firefox via Lifehacker.
- My Initial Firefox 4 Thoughts Jan/18
- RSS Feed Change, Please Read! Nov/05
- Goodbye Status Bar, Hello Add-on Bar Jan/19
- Optimized Firefox for Windows? Oct/20
- RIP Xmarks Sep/28
- AutoProxy Dec/12
- Search Engine That Does NOT Track You Dec/11
- MEGA Dec/10
- QuickJava Dec/09
- Cookie Controller Dec/06
- Dwight Stegall: I prefer Ant Video Downloader add-on. It works on ...
- Dwight Stegall: I use Ant Video Downloader toolbar in Firefox and ...
- KA: Urgh, does feedly allow me to drag and drop to org...
- Dwight Stegall: This works really well. But you have to use the on...
- Silas Mann: Just click middle mouse button....