FireFTP is a free, secure, cross-platform FTP/SFTP client for Mozilla Firefox which provides easy and intuitive access to FTP/SFTP servers.
Tag Archives | FTP
Thanks to Firefox and some of the great add-ons that have been developed for it, your browser is your best friend when it comes to web site design. From CSS tools, to promoting your domain, here are 10 of the most popular web designer tools for Firefox.
Any of these add-ons would be great to add to your own proverbial web designer’s toolbelt.
- ColorZilla – This advanced eyedropper and color picker will help you find out exactly what color is being used on somebody else’s web site, so you can use it on your own.
- FireFTP – Looking for an FTP client you can reach from inside of Firefox? FireFTP is a free, secure, cross platform FTP client built into and for Firefox.
- IE Tab – Quickly embed Internet Explorer into an open tab of Firefox, for cross browser web site checking and testing.
- Picnik – Get quick access to your own online image editor with this add-on. It adds a menu option to import images right into the Picnik online image editor.
- Stylish – This add-on is often considered for web site tweakers, however it can also be used to add or remove CSS and design elements on the fly, without even having to login to your web site.
- Web Developer Toolbar – By far, the king of the web development Firefox extensions. It adds a menu and a toolbar with various web developer tools.
- User Agent Switcher – Another good one to have for cross browser testing. It adds a menu to the toolbar so you can quickly change the user agent of the browser.
- FireShot – Take a screenshot and also add notes to it. If you are a designer, wanting to highlight key features of a design to a client, there is no better Firefox add-on out there to do just that.
- SeoQuake – Aimed at the search engine optimization crowd, this extension will help webmasters deal with the promotion side of their domains.
What Firefox add-ons and services help you get the job done when it comes to web design? Drop in a comment, and give me your own “best of” suggestions.
Welcome Digg.com Visitors! Appreciate you stopping in to check out the list. If you have any other suggestions for web developer Firefox add-ons, please add them to the comments, and I’ll be putting out a “reader-inspired” version of the list soon!
While your here, remember to subscribe to the RSS feed to get all of our updated delivered to your favorite feed reader. You can also get our posts delivered to your e-mail inbox once a day, so you never miss another Firefox tool, add-on, theme or tutorial!
When it comes to using some of the Online hosting systems out there, sometimes the Web interface just does not cut the case. The Firefox Universal Uploader extension hopes to change that though by giving you a much better interface to work with.
Here is a little more information about the extension:
As the name says, this firefox extension allows you to upload/download files from any website using a friendly interface. Upload files/photos/videos to Flickr, Picasa, Youtube, Box.net(1GB of free space), Facebook, Webshots and OmniDrive in this version. Next versions would support other websites like Google Videos etc. You can add multiple files to the queue at a time. Extension will take care of uploading them for you.
I think the services themselves should be releasing tools like this. I don’t think that will happen though – so until monkeys fly out of a hole somewhere on me – this will have to do.
Yes, it is true! Children are dancing in the street because Firefox 2 is being released today. If you are so excited that you can not wait till your version of Firefox updates itself – your in luck. Firefox 2 is already sitting on the FTP servers ready for you to download.
There is no secret about it, there are a lot of different FTP clients out there on the market. Which one is the best? That is almost like asking somebody what is their favorite flavor of ice cream. Everybody has a favorite for different reasons. Well I have another flavor to toss into the mix, and I promise it is anything but vanilla.