This add-on is a lightweight add-on that tells YouTube to load the video in HD straight away. Unlike other add-ons like it, YouTube HD causes no stall in the loading, no refresh of the page and does not manipulate the video object.
Tag Archives | HD
Have you been searching for something to enhance your YouTube experience? Maybe you want to download the videos you watch. Maybe you want to convert videos to MP3s or automatically watch videos in HD. I have found a Firefox add-on that will let you do that and a lot more in TweakTube. This is by far the most in-depth “all in one” YouTube extension out there for the Firefox browser.
Once TweakTube has been installed, you can access it from Tools > YouTube – Options in the Firefox menu bar. Once inside, here are some of the general options you can tweak around with:
Want to be able to download some of the best HD 1080p videos from across the internet, but missing that Firefox add-on that promises to get it all done in a simple way? KeepTube is the video downloading extension you might want to take a look at.
Now, I know what you are going to tell me before you even say it.
“Mitch, there are already a million and one video downloaders out there, why review another one?”
Number one, you are right – there are way too many. So what makes the 1-Click YouTube Video Download any different? It cuts out the useless junk, and gets right to the meat and potatoes.
Remember the 10 freshest YouTube Scripts? Well thanks to a few reader submissions and a little more searching on my own I have found a few more to share with you that are well worth trying if your a fan of Greasemonkey and/or YouTube.
1. Add Link to HD Video on YouTube – Simply adds a link to the higher resolution version of a video.
2. Download ANY Video from YouTube – Download the video as a MP4 file.
3. Yet Another YouTube alternate Player – Replaces YouTube’s flash player with http://mplayerplug-in.sf.net.
4. YouTube “Lights Out” – Dim everything on the page except for the video.
5. Hide comments from YouTube videos – Hide YouTube comments, replaces them with a link just in case you do want to read them.
6. YouTube More Info Auto-click – Always get all the description when watching a video via YouTube.
7. YouTube+ – Optimizes YouTube for bigger resolutions and gives you the opportunity to hide various sections of the video playback page, disable autoplay, enable HD and download videos.
8. YouTube Loop – Make your video keep playing for ever and ever.
Did I miss your favorite? Leave a comment and let me know!
- My Initial Firefox 4 Thoughts Jan/18
- RSS Feed Change, Please Read! Nov/05
- Goodbye Status Bar, Hello Add-on Bar Jan/19
- Optimized Firefox for Windows? Oct/20
- RIP Xmarks Sep/28
- AutoProxy Dec/12
- Search Engine That Does NOT Track You Dec/11
- MEGA Dec/10
- QuickJava Dec/09
- Cookie Controller Dec/06
- Dwight Stegall: I prefer Ant Video Downloader add-on. It works on ...
- Dwight Stegall: I use Ant Video Downloader toolbar in Firefox and ...
- KA: Urgh, does feedly allow me to drag and drop to org...
- Dwight Stegall: This works really well. But you have to use the on...
- Silas Mann: Just click middle mouse button....