Wish the status bar in Firefox showed more? I’ve run across a great add-on for Firefox that will display all kinds of details in the bottom of your browser. The plugin you want to look for it called, Extended Statusbar. This makes the Firefox status bar much like the one you find in the Opera web browser.
Tag Archives | information
Think of that wasted space in your tab bar. You know, where the favicon for the web site your visiting rests. Isn’t there enough room there to fit in a little more information about the web site you are visiting?
The new Firefox add-on Badges on Favicon takes advantage of that idea very well. It allows you to put a rounded badge over the tab favicon of some pages. Where does this come in handy? Well what if you could see in your tab the number of unread Gmail messages you had? Or how about if it told you how many new posts were in Google Reader?
Nuggets of Information for Your Tabs
The extension uses little scripts, called badgets. The badgets define both the appearance of the badge (color, position, size of the text, etc.) and how to get the data from the current page. The extension comes with three sample badgets that work with Gmail, iGoogle Reader Gadget and Zenbe. But you can install your own badgets and even create your own for your preferred site.
This add-on was also a runner up in the Extend Firefox 3 contest. It is still listed as “experimental” so you might need to visit BugMeNot for a user name and password (or sign up on Mozilla.org) to use before trying to download.
- My Initial Firefox 4 Thoughts Jan/18
- RSS Feed Change, Please Read! Nov/05
- Goodbye Status Bar, Hello Add-on Bar Jan/19
- Optimized Firefox for Windows? Oct/20
- RIP Xmarks Sep/28
- Tab History Menu May/20
- Rapportive May/17
- YSlow May/15
- Self-Destructing Cookies May/14
- RequestPolicy May/10
- Eleventh hour Lodge Booking: Hi there, I discovered your website by the use of ...
- Neila: For signature we use Brandmymail ( http://www.bran...
- Bryan Price: If you run the Nightly Firefox version, this no lo...
- jminfun: Doesn't work for FF 16...
- Albert: Firefox 20.0: It does not say: Move or resize e...