InformationWeek has posted an interesting article asking if Microsoft can get folks to switch back to Internet Explorer. You aren’t going to see me do it, and this article points out many reasons why I wouldn’t. I think the competition is good for the industry. I also think we haven’t even come close to seeing the browser wars’ “shock and awe” period just yet.
Tag Archives | Internet-Explorer
Ever wanted to edit your CSS files for your Web site while getting a live preview on both Firefox and Internet Explorer? CSSVista is a program that will let you do that all in one application. The only catch is that it is only for Windows XP. I have to say this is one freeware program I won’t be doing without anytime soon.
Want to make a little cash and get folks to switch from Internet Explorer? That is the idea behind the Web site, ExplorerDestroyer.com. Using Google AdSense referral system and little scripting on the Web site, you can “persuade” your visitors to “upgrade” to Firefox. Want more information behind the project? Read what the folks at PC Magazine had to say about this rebel group of Firefox users.
According to this Market Share Web site, Firefox is now enjoying 10% of the browser market. That puts Internet Explorer at 85% and everybody else in that other 5%. Firefox is gaining steam and I don’t know what could happen to make them fall off the track. Want to read some more debate on the topic? Check out the digg.com comments to this news.
- My Initial Firefox 4 Thoughts Jan/18
- RSS Feed Change, Please Read! Nov/05
- Goodbye Status Bar, Hello Add-on Bar Jan/19
- Optimized Firefox for Windows? Oct/20
- RIP Xmarks Sep/28
- AutoProxy Dec/12
- Search Engine That Does NOT Track You Dec/11
- MEGA Dec/10
- QuickJava Dec/09
- Cookie Controller Dec/06
- Dwight Stegall: I prefer Ant Video Downloader add-on. It works on ...
- Dwight Stegall: I use Ant Video Downloader toolbar in Firefox and ...
- KA: Urgh, does feedly allow me to drag and drop to org...
- Dwight Stegall: This works really well. But you have to use the on...
- Silas Mann: Just click middle mouse button....