Firefox 3.6 Released!
The latest version of your favorite browser has been released. Firefox 3.6 is now available via Mozilla’s web site. The big update this time around is the built in support for Firefox Personas.
Need more? Here’s the full list of new features that Firefox 3.6 brings:
- Available in more than 70 languages – get your local version.
- Support for a new type of theme called Personas, which allow users to change Firefox’s appearance with a single click.
- Protection from out-of-date plugins to keep users safer as they browse.
- Open, native video can now be displayed full screen and supports poster frames.
- The ability for web developers to indicate that scripts should run asynchronously to speed up page load times.
- Continued support for downloadable web fonts using the new WOFF font format.
- Support for new CSS attributes such as gradients, background sizing, and pointer events.
- Support for new DOM and HTML5 specifications including the Drag & Drop API and the File API, which allow for more interactive web pages.
- Changes to how third-party software can integrate with Firefox in order to prevent crashes.
More Firefox 3.6 Tips, Tutorials and Help!
- Enable Visual Tab Switcher in Firefox 3.6
- Firefox 3.6 Fix – Open New Tabs in Far Right
- Top 10 Personas Backgrounds for Firefox!
- Firefox 3.6 Portable Edition is Now Available via Lifehacker
Overall, not a bad upgrade. If your Firefox has not updated it’s self yet, you can always pick up the update at Mozilla’s web site. What do you think of Firefox 3.6? Love it? Hate it? More interested in Firefox 4? Leave you feedback in the comments!
Do you remember Jetpack?
The first update to Firefox 3.5 has just been released. To get the update right now, all you need to do is go to Help > “Check for Updates…” in your browser. So what exactly is this new update fixing?
For more changes and updates in Firefox 3.5.1 – be sure to check out the release notes.