This add-on protects you from phishing or scams (through XSS injection attacks) while you’re on Facebook – Version 4.2 introduces a Tracking Protection feature as well. This add-on is designed to protect you against them. Facebook Phishing Protector will warn you when an unusual activity is detected, such as a script injection attempt or a website other than Facebook requesting your credentials.
Tag Archives | phishing
It seems like a few people are either confused or trying to cause trouble when it comes to the anti-phishing tools that are built into Firefox 2. Well, thankfully to debunk any myths there might be out there, Asa Dotzler has stepped forward to clear a few things up.
Sometimes it’s easier to just make shit up than to actually research a story. That seems to be the case with the (no byline) story at Platinax Small Business News.
The article starts off by claiming that to use the phishing protection feature “properly, you have to send Google a record of every single website you visit.” Not only is this blatantly false, but even the most cursory investigation of the feature would have revealed that.
Next, the writer tries to walk the absurdity back a bit by saying that “[phishing protection] does require an explicit opt-in”. But once again he’s wrong. Users get the benefit of this feature out of the box and without any privacy issues.
- My Initial Firefox 4 Thoughts Jan/18
- RSS Feed Change, Please Read! Nov/05
- Goodbye Status Bar, Hello Add-on Bar Jan/19
- Optimized Firefox for Windows? Oct/20
- RIP Xmarks Sep/28
- YouTube Auto Replay Dec/05
- cssUpdater Dec/04
- 24 Alert Add-ons You Can Not Live Without – Part 2 Dec/03
- 24 Alerts Add-on You Can Not Live Without – Part 1 Dec/02
- Keylogger Nov/29
- Dwight Stegall: I prefer Ant Video Downloader add-on. It works on ...
- Dwight Stegall: I use Ant Video Downloader toolbar in Firefox and ...
- KA: Urgh, does feedly allow me to drag and drop to org...
- Dwight Stegall: This works really well. But you have to use the on...
- Silas Mann: Just click middle mouse button....