Forget how to spell a word? Want to know what a word means? Install this search plug-in and use your Firefox search box to look up words in the Merriam-Webster Dictionary or Thesaurus instantly—from anywhere on the Web. Personally, I usually use the Google search plugin for this, but Merriam-Webster might make a little more sense to other folks out there.
Tag Archives | plugins
This afternoon I have been playing around with Firefox search plugins again. Since I have everything finalized as far as server moves and domain name changes go, I wanted to update the ones I created a few months back.
For right now, Firefox’s search plugin feature is one that needs a little work. Sure, I might be able to figure it out. You might be able to figure it out. The problem comes when new Firefox users try to figure out how to manage that little search box in the corner of the screen.
Over at WebJunction I found a great PDF file that covers the problems (and a few solutions) when it comes to managing your Firefox search plugins.
I don’t know if I would call these real “hacks” for the Firefox search bar. I would call them more helpful tips on how to customize that space to make it more your own. Want to make the search space bigger? Want to add or remove search engines? Want to create your own search plugin? Check out this list of helpful tips.
I know this is the dark side of Firefox that we shouldn’t be speaking of, but it happens. Every so often Firefox crashes and sometimes it does it more than once. Don’t switch browsers just yet. The MozillaZine Knowledge Base has a nice selection of tips and trick to help you troubleshoot your crashing problems.
- My Initial Firefox 4 Thoughts Jan/18
- RSS Feed Change, Please Read! Nov/05
- Goodbye Status Bar, Hello Add-on Bar Jan/19
- Optimized Firefox for Windows? Oct/20
- RIP Xmarks Sep/28
- Cookie Controller Dec/06
- YouTube Auto Replay Dec/05
- cssUpdater Dec/04
- 24 Alert Add-ons You Can Not Live Without – Part 2 Dec/03
- 24 Alerts Add-on You Can Not Live Without – Part 1 Dec/02
- Dwight Stegall: I prefer Ant Video Downloader add-on. It works on ...
- Dwight Stegall: I use Ant Video Downloader toolbar in Firefox and ...
- KA: Urgh, does feedly allow me to drag and drop to org...
- Dwight Stegall: This works really well. But you have to use the on...
- Silas Mann: Just click middle mouse button....