The Tab Sidebar add-on for Firefox does a simple change, but after I can promise you you’ll get a whole new perspective for the way Firefox works. It acts more like a replacement for the tab bar and includes an always visible thumbnail preview of all the tabs you may have loaded up.
Here are some of the other Tab Sidebar features:
- Provides navigation options for each tab including history, stop and reload
- Allows you to move tabs around with drag and drop
- You can drop links, local files and bookmarks anywhere you like
- Displays the security status of tabs
- Automatically refreshes the tab preview whenever the page changes
To activate the extension, just go to View and then Tab Sidebar to see it. On the down side, some have complained that CPU usage goes way up when using this addition. On the good side though, hey – you get pretty thumbnails for all of your tabs! In the “what would I like to see” I would like to see if work flawlessly with the scroll wheel on your mouse.