Firefox has a lot of helpful features we don’t always use or know about. One of these that gets overlooked a lot is the Quick Find feature. If you want to simply find a phrase that appears in a link on the page you are viewing, follow these simple steps:
Tag Archives | quick-find
Firefox’s find bars (yes, there are two of them) are often classified as the good one that is hard to remember, and the not so good one that is easy to remember.
The good one nobody remembers, is hitting the “/” key while browsing a page. If you hit Ctrl+F you get the not so good one that is easy to remember. This is the one that we all use most often. The Hide Find Bar add-on for Firefox merges the greatness of these two searches into one.
How does it do that? It is very simple. It allows you to hide the find bar after a certain interval of inactivity has elapsed. So, when activity in the find bar has been idle for a certain interval it will automatically disappear.
You can try it out for yourself, all you need to do is download the Hide Find Bar extension from the Firefox Add-ons site.
It has been a while since I shared any quick Firefox tips, so today is the day I start doing it again. Need to find something on a Web page quickly?
Well you could use the Ctrl + F keyboard combination to find what you are looking for. You can also just hit the “/” button as well. The second method is what is called the “quick find” option. The nice thing about this quick find option is that after you are done with it and click somewhere else on the Web page you are searching – it just goes away.
- My Initial Firefox 4 Thoughts Jan/18
- RSS Feed Change, Please Read! Nov/05
- Goodbye Status Bar, Hello Add-on Bar Jan/19
- Optimized Firefox for Windows? Oct/20
- RIP Xmarks Sep/28
- Cookie Controller Dec/06
- YouTube Auto Replay Dec/05
- cssUpdater Dec/04
- 24 Alert Add-ons You Can Not Live Without – Part 2 Dec/03
- 24 Alerts Add-on You Can Not Live Without – Part 1 Dec/02
- Dwight Stegall: I prefer Ant Video Downloader add-on. It works on ...
- Dwight Stegall: I use Ant Video Downloader toolbar in Firefox and ...
- KA: Urgh, does feedly allow me to drag and drop to org...
- Dwight Stegall: This works really well. But you have to use the on...
- Silas Mann: Just click middle mouse button....