Have you ever noticed something called plugin-container.exe running on your computer and you didn’t know where exactly it came from? Well, I can ease your mind some because this is from Firefox. Ever since Firefox 3.6.4 this extra process has been in there helping protect your browsing just in case Firefox decides to crash.
Tag Archives | quicktime
After yesterday’s news about the fake Firefox update that is out there in the wild, I thought it might be a good time to go over how you can get your plugins updated. Thankfully, Mozilla has made this really simple with the Plugin Check part of their website.
There has been a pretty cool update to Firefox in the past 24 hours. If a plugin crashes or freezes, it will no longer affect the rest of your browser. You will be able to reload the page, restart the plugin and try again.
Apple didn’t bother with getting things fixed that quickly, so Mozilla has jumped on the ball and updated Firefox to version 220.127.116.11 to fix the recent QuickTime vulnerability. If your Firefox hasn’t updated itself – then it should soon (or you can always go to Help > Check for Updates to get the latest Firefox version).
Need more? Here is a little more information about this issue and fix via Mozilla Developer News:
Due to the security fixes, we strongly recommend that all Firefox users upgrade to this latest release. If you are still running Firefox 1.5.0.x, you are highly encouraged to upgrade to the Firefox 2 series as Mozilla ceased supporting Firefox 1.5.0.x in May 2007. Simply choose “Check for Updates…” from the Help menu to begin the upgrade process.
- My Initial Firefox 4 Thoughts Jan/18
- RSS Feed Change, Please Read! Nov/05
- Goodbye Status Bar, Hello Add-on Bar Jan/19
- Optimized Firefox for Windows? Oct/20
- RIP Xmarks Sep/28
- AutoProxy Dec/12
- Search Engine That Does NOT Track You Dec/11
- MEGA Dec/10
- QuickJava Dec/09
- Cookie Controller Dec/06
- Dwight Stegall: I prefer Ant Video Downloader add-on. It works on ...
- Dwight Stegall: I use Ant Video Downloader toolbar in Firefox and ...
- KA: Urgh, does feedly allow me to drag and drop to org...
- Dwight Stegall: This works really well. But you have to use the on...
- Silas Mann: Just click middle mouse button....