This toolbar gives Google PageRank, Alexa, Compete and Quantcast Rank, pages indexed and backlinks in Google, Bing and Yahoo. Bookmark webpages at PickMeWeb.com or view similar websites at SimilarSites.com, Delicious, Digg and Tweet Count. It is a toolbar that brings a little ‘bit of everything to the table for a webmaster.
Tag Archives | SEO
Need another SEO-inspired add-on for Firefox? SEO Doctor is made with both beginners and experienced SEOs in mind and it’s scoring system and recommendations are based on official SEO documents, namely Google Webmaster guidelines, Google Image guidelines and Google SEO starter guide as well as my own experience.
You know, from an add-on called, Flagfox – I do not really expect much. So it shows a country flag depicting the location of the current website’s server location. That is neat and all, but not really helping me become a more functional website browser. What you might not know though is there is more to this simple add-on that just flags.
Many web designers and search engine optimizers will tell you that it is important to keep a high text to code ratio when developing a web site. I have just stumbled upon an add-on that will help you do that very task. The Text to Code Ratio add-on will provide you a simple percentage based score at the bottom of your Firefox browsing window to tell you what your text to code ratio is.
One big complaint about search engines is they are all rather vanilla with their visual representation. Wouldn’t it be better if you could color code things a ‘bit more? One Greasemonkey script that does a great job at this is Colorful Search.
Want to quickly search for more social media or search engine information for any web page or link on the Web? yExplore 2 is an excellent add-on for Firefox that does exactly that, and more.
By simply right-clicking on any page you can find out the following:
- Yahoo Site Explorer Backlinks & Index
- Google Backlinks, Index, Cache
- Bing Index
- Delicious saves for a domain.
- Highlighting of NoFollow links.
- Whois Info
- and much more!
You can get more information about yExplore 2 via TwisterMC.com or the Firefox Add-ons web site. It never hurts to do your homework when it comes to looking up more information about web site links or domains out there, and the yExplore 2 extension for Firefox makes that task a whole lot easier.
For more web development add-ons for Firefox, be sure to check out my hand-picked selection of the 10 best tools out there.
Thanks to Firefox and some of the great add-ons that have been developed for it, your browser is your best friend when it comes to web site design. From CSS tools, to promoting your domain, here are 10 of the most popular web designer tools for Firefox.
Any of these add-ons would be great to add to your own proverbial web designer’s toolbelt.
- ColorZilla – This advanced eyedropper and color picker will help you find out exactly what color is being used on somebody else’s web site, so you can use it on your own.
- FireFTP – Looking for an FTP client you can reach from inside of Firefox? FireFTP is a free, secure, cross platform FTP client built into and for Firefox.
- IE Tab – Quickly embed Internet Explorer into an open tab of Firefox, for cross browser web site checking and testing.
- Picnik – Get quick access to your own online image editor with this add-on. It adds a menu option to import images right into the Picnik online image editor.
- Stylish – This add-on is often considered for web site tweakers, however it can also be used to add or remove CSS and design elements on the fly, without even having to login to your web site.
- Web Developer Toolbar – By far, the king of the web development Firefox extensions. It adds a menu and a toolbar with various web developer tools.
- User Agent Switcher – Another good one to have for cross browser testing. It adds a menu to the toolbar so you can quickly change the user agent of the browser.
- FireShot – Take a screenshot and also add notes to it. If you are a designer, wanting to highlight key features of a design to a client, there is no better Firefox add-on out there to do just that.
- SeoQuake – Aimed at the search engine optimization crowd, this extension will help webmasters deal with the promotion side of their domains.
What Firefox add-ons and services help you get the job done when it comes to web design? Drop in a comment, and give me your own “best of” suggestions.
Welcome Digg.com Visitors! Appreciate you stopping in to check out the list. If you have any other suggestions for web developer Firefox add-ons, please add them to the comments, and I’ll be putting out a “reader-inspired” version of the list soon!
While your here, remember to subscribe to the RSS feed to get all of our updated delivered to your favorite feed reader. You can also get our posts delivered to your e-mail inbox once a day, so you never miss another Firefox tool, add-on, theme or tutorial!
Search engine optimization (or otherwise known as SEO) has always been a mystery to me. Never had understood it, and I do not think I would ever want to understand it. It seems like all the SEO experts I have ever met are always a little on the grumpy side as well. If you want the SEO tools without becoming a grump, then I would suggest checking out the RankQuest SEO Toolbar.
Rankquest SEO(Search Engine Optimization) Toolbar provides you quick access to more than 30 intuitive SEO tools. Once you download and install the SEO Toolbar you are only one or two clicks away from carrying out most of your day to day SEO operations.
SeoQuake is a very neat extension available for Firefox that is a search engine optimizer’s best friend. It has been developed for the look-see of site’s parameters in search results of Google, Yahoo, MSN, Yandex, Rambler search engines and any other pages as well.
Search engine optimization (SEO) is important for just about every Web master out there. You always want to know where your competitors are and how you are standing in the search engine rankings. SEO for Firefox hopes to make your optimization process just a little easier.
Want to know why Google or Yahoo! ranks pages? If so this is the Firefox extension for you. SEO for Firefox pulls in many useful marketing data points to make it easy get a more holistic view of the competitive landscape of a market right from the search results.