Is Firefox acting a little slow? There are several little tweaks and fixes you can do to speed the browser up or to change the behavior of the browser so things seem faster. One of these that many people don’t know about is the option to not load up tabs until they are selected.
Tag Archives | session-restore
Due to privacy concerns, some Firefox users may wish to disable or turn off the session restore feature in Firefox. As an example, if your computer is used by multiple users, the browser could crash while you are checking your Gmail account. Rather than restoring Firefox, you decide to go do something else. When somebody else comes in to launch Firefox, the browser will be restored to your inbox (due to fact that is where it crashed). If you want a little more browsing privacy, here is how you disable the session restore feature in the browser.
Want to know how to turn off that annoying “session restore” window that you get when Firefox tries to start back up from a crash? Ok, maybe annoying is a little harsh. A lot of people like the window, and a lot of people don’t like it. Who am I to judge?
If you find yourself in the camp with the annoyed folks, this is what you do:
1. type about:config in your browser URL
2. go to the browser.sessionstore.enabled setting
3. change the setting to false
There you go! All fixed now. Thanks to the scott.hodson.blog for the source of this information, and Philip for sending me the link.
- My Initial Firefox 4 Thoughts Jan/18
- RSS Feed Change, Please Read! Nov/05
- Goodbye Status Bar, Hello Add-on Bar Jan/19
- Optimized Firefox for Windows? Oct/20
- RIP Xmarks Sep/28
- Cookie Controller Dec/06
- YouTube Auto Replay Dec/05
- cssUpdater Dec/04
- 24 Alert Add-ons You Can Not Live Without – Part 2 Dec/03
- 24 Alerts Add-on You Can Not Live Without – Part 1 Dec/02
- Dwight Stegall: I prefer Ant Video Downloader add-on. It works on ...
- Dwight Stegall: I use Ant Video Downloader toolbar in Firefox and ...
- KA: Urgh, does feedly allow me to drag and drop to org...
- Dwight Stegall: This works really well. But you have to use the on...
- Silas Mann: Just click middle mouse button....