Speed Dial [FVD] is a very interesting add-on for Firefox. It includes features like a Speed dial button, Online Synchronization, New Tab Start Page, Organize bookmarks, Custom backgrounds, custom dials, organized groups, most visited dials.
Tag Archives | speed-dial
In the year 2025, when we are looking back at what Google Chrome really brought to the web browsing world and we are all being chased around by robots, I think the one thing we will remember the most is the speed dial feature. Here is another add-on that gives you that ability named Sugestron Speed Dial.
So which bookmark add-ons for Firefox are downloaded most often? Here are the top ten most downloaded bookmark extensions for the browser.
- SmarterFox – Browse faster by speeding up common tasks – faster downloading, searching, visiting favorites, copy & paste, and more.
- Xmarks (formerly Foxmarks) – Xmarks is the #1 bookmarking add-on. Install it on all your computers to keep your bookmarks and (optionally) passwords backed up and synchronized.
- Delicious Bookmarks – Delicious Bookmarks is the official Firefox add-on for Delicious, the world’s leading social bookmarking service.
- StumbleUpon- StumbleUpon discovers web sites based on your interests, learns what you like and brings you more.
- Speed Dial – Quicker direct access to your most visited web sites and saved links.
- Google Toolbar – Not sure why people are still using this, however it did make it on my list of non-evil toolbars, so go figure.
- Brief - Brief makes reading RSS feeds as easy and intuitive as it gets. Designed to have exactly the right set of features, it is powerful and simple at the same time.
- Fast Dial – Much like Speed Dial, this add-on gives you a quick visual way to access a number of web sites all from one page; showing thumbnails for each.
- iMacros – Automate Firefox. Record and replay repetitious work. If you love the Firefox web browser, but are tired of repetitive tasks like visiting the same sites every days, filling out forms, and remembering passwords, then iMacros for Firefox is the solution you’ve been dreaming of!
- Multirow Bookmarks Toolbar – This add-on does exactly what you would expect, it gives you multiple bookmark rows. Yes, I like it when they name add-ons about what they do.
There you have it, these add-ons have been downloaded more times than any other, and all will help you in one way, shape, or form with your bookmarks. Have another favorite that you think deserves to be on the list? Leave a comment, and tell me why.
There are a number of add-ons for Firefox that clone Opera’s Speed Dial feature. There is one add-on with a different twist. Most open your tabs in this fashion, but Fast Dial does something different.
This extension will replace your “about:blank” page with a panel of thumbnails of your favorite web sites. To add sites to the page, all you do is click on an empty cell, assign a URL and click OK.
You can also add sites by right-clicking on the bookmark for them and selecting “Add to Fast Dial”. (you can do this on open tabs too!)
Where does this come in handy? Well let us say you are hitting Ctrl+T to open a new window. You are no longer greeted by an empty window. Instead you have a window with your own personal favorites list inside. Fast Dial is a unique bookmarking extension that I think a lot of people will get a lot of use out of.
Now we all use speed dial on our phones to quickly dial up those numbers we often use but never remember. It looks like Firefox is getting into the speed dial game with the extension with the same name. The Speed Dial extension for Firefox gives you a neat thumbnailed preview of nine links you can quickly switch between.
With Speed Dial, you can easily access your most used websites. To show the Speed Dial tab, use the Speed Dial button (which can be added to the toolbar), or enter “chrome://speeddial/content” in your location bar.
One more cool thing about this tools is it will automatically load in blank new windows or my favorite selection in blank new tabs. To configure this, and other options, use the extension settings panel.