The problem is that you need to have one or two Web sites open in Firefox all of the time. There just isn’t a way of getting this done by default. What is the solution? You need to download and install the PermaTabs Firefox extension. It allows you to turn any tab of your choosing into a “permanent” tab that can not be closed.
Tag Archives | Tabbed Browsing
There is no way to open an image or graphic in a new tab via Firefox. Why do you think this is? A conspiracy against image browsing? No, probably not. Now there is an extension to put your mind to rest. The Open Image In New Tab extension does just that, it opens up any image in a new tab.
Want to open up a new tab in Firefox? Well, all you have to do is double click on the tab bar to do so. Don’t want to mess around with your mouse? If that is the case, then hit the Ctrl key plus T key on the keyboard. Want another solution? Go up to File, then select “New Tab”. As you can see there are multiple ways of getting the same thing done. All you have to do is pick your favorite!
Tag cloning doesn’t sound like it would be too much fun. Sometimes you do need to have two tabs open showing the same Web site. You could launch the Web site twice. You could navigate to the Web site twice. Why do all that work? All you need to do is get Duplicate Tabs.
Do you want to add a little more “giddy up” to your tabbing experience in Firefox? Have all the other tab Firefox extensions let you down? Do you have no other place to turn? Well, have no fear because superT is here!
- My Initial Firefox 4 Thoughts Jan/18
- RSS Feed Change, Please Read! Nov/05
- Goodbye Status Bar, Hello Add-on Bar Jan/19
- Optimized Firefox for Windows? Oct/20
- RIP Xmarks Sep/28
- QuickJava Dec/09
- Cookie Controller Dec/06
- YouTube Auto Replay Dec/05
- cssUpdater Dec/04
- 24 Alert Add-ons You Can Not Live Without – Part 2 Dec/03
- Dwight Stegall: I prefer Ant Video Downloader add-on. It works on ...
- Dwight Stegall: I use Ant Video Downloader toolbar in Firefox and ...
- KA: Urgh, does feedly allow me to drag and drop to org...
- Dwight Stegall: This works really well. But you have to use the on...
- Silas Mann: Just click middle mouse button....