This toolbar gives Google PageRank, Alexa, Compete and Quantcast Rank, pages indexed and backlinks in Google, Bing and Yahoo. Bookmark webpages at PickMeWeb.com or view similar websites at SimilarSites.com, Delicious, Digg and Tweet Count. It is a toolbar that brings a little ‘bit of everything to the table for a webmaster.
Tag Archives | toolbar
Customize your bookmarks bar with Roomy Bookmarks Toolbar. This add-on adds a lot of little tweaks to your bookmarks toolbar that you might have right under your awesome bar and general browser navigation controls. It comes highly rated and packed full of Firefoxy goodness.
Using Tumblr to share things with family, friends and people you know on the web? It is a great blogging service that lets you make your posts as complicated or as simple as you would like. With the tools they provide, you can easily post text, photos, a quote, video or links. If you grab the Tumblr add-on for Firefox, you can share all these great things with your friends even faster.
Every so often, a program we install will substitute an unwanted toolbar or default search engine in Firefox and we do not want it there. What is a Firefox user to do? All you need to do is follow a few simple steps and keep a few things in mind next time you install a third party program or visit an unfamiliar website.
Did you know that you could add another toolbar to Firefox without needing to install an add-on? This customization feature is often overlooked and can come in handy if you need some extra space to store your buttons or any other toolbar elements you have added to Firefox.
If you use WordPress to run your website, you probably jump in and out of the administrator side of the blogging tool a lot. I know I do. So, with that said, finding a tool that makes jumping into the admin menus of WordPress is a real time saver for me. That is where the WordPress Admin Toolbar comes into our picture today. With a single click you can go to anywhere within your WordPress administration interface and not even break a sweat.
Since Facebook is the king of the hill when it comes to social networks, there have been a lot of add-ons dedicated to making it better. Facebook is great, but is not without flaws. Thankfully, these Firefox add-on developers have worked out some of the kinks and have masterminded some of the best add-ons for Firefox to date.
Here are my top five Facebook add-ons you can add to Firefox.
Facebook seems to quickly be outgrowing the other social networks by leaps and bounds. It is hard to find a friend that hasn’t switched over to it from the other social networks like MySpace and the like. So with that said, why not grab a toolbar that will help you get a little more out of your Facebook usage and help you stay connected with your friends even better?
One thing is for sure, with the correctly equipped Firefox browser, you too can become a better web designer or developer. How so? Well, Firefox has some really great tools for both of these jobs. Finding the one that doe the best job, is another job all on it’s own.
Firefox has a lot of web development add-ons you can use, however these are the best of the best at what they do.
- User Agent Switcher – The User Agent Switcher extension adds a menu and a toolbar button to switch the user agent of the browser.
- MeasureIt – Draw out a ruler to get the pixel width and height of any elements on a webpage.
- FoxyProxy – FoxyProxy is an advanced proxy management tool that completely replaces Firefox’s limited proxying capabilities. It offers more features than SwitchProxy, ProxyButton, QuickProxy, xyzproxy, ProxyTex, TorButton, etc.
- FirePHP – FirePHP enables you to log to your Firebug Console using a simple PHP method call. You must have Firebug installed and the “Net” panel enabled to use this extension.
- ColorZilla – Advanced Eyedropper, ColorPicker, Page Zoomer and other colorful goodies. Perfect color picker tool for Firefox.
- Stylish – Perfect for testing those tiny CSS tweaks, you can also restyle the rest of the web too with this unique user styles manager.
- View Source Chart – Graphically displays HTML tag boundaries, nesting tag orders, structure and hierarchy. In other words, it makes it all pretty looking.
- Web Developer – The Web Developer extension adds a menu and a toolbar with various web developer tools.
Disagree or have your own suggestion for the perfect web designer or web development add-on that should be on this list? Drop in a comment and let us know. We’d love to hear your feedback!
Do you use a lot of Google services? The Firefox add-on, GButts, will help you get quick and easy access to any Google service you want, next to your address bar or anywhere else you might need it.
Here are all the Google services you can quickly show or hide via the extension.
You can customize how much space you want to save with the options across the bottom (by making the menu a toolbar or a drop down menu). You also have the option of a horizontal or vertical menu. You can then right-click on your toolbar, go to “Customize” and then drag and drop the GButts Toolbar you created on to your toolbar layout – anywhere you might need it.
If you are a heavy Google user – the GButts add-on should be right up your alley.