A simple and super lightweight add-on for selecting any color from web pages.
Tag Archives | web design
Edit your css with FireBug and let cssUpdater update the corresponding property and value in your css source file. Pixel push with ease! (Please visit the homepage for more information.)
Many web designers and search engine optimizers will tell you that it is important to keep a high text to code ratio when developing a web site. I have just stumbled upon an add-on that will help you do that very task. The Text to Code Ratio add-on will provide you a simple percentage based score at the bottom of your Firefox browsing window to tell you what your text to code ratio is.
When you mix simple and Firefox together, you can get my attention every time. The Simple Links Counter add-on for Firefox shows the number of internal and external links on any given page in the browser status bar. This makes it the perfect companion for all your other web developer tools and add-ons for Firefox.
Thanks to Firefox and some of the great add-ons that have been developed for it, your browser is your best friend when it comes to web site design. From CSS tools, to promoting your domain, here are 10 of the most popular web designer tools for Firefox.
Any of these add-ons would be great to add to your own proverbial web designer’s toolbelt.
- ColorZilla – This advanced eyedropper and color picker will help you find out exactly what color is being used on somebody else’s web site, so you can use it on your own.
- FireFTP – Looking for an FTP client you can reach from inside of Firefox? FireFTP is a free, secure, cross platform FTP client built into and for Firefox.
- IE Tab – Quickly embed Internet Explorer into an open tab of Firefox, for cross browser web site checking and testing.
- Picnik – Get quick access to your own online image editor with this add-on. It adds a menu option to import images right into the Picnik online image editor.
- Stylish – This add-on is often considered for web site tweakers, however it can also be used to add or remove CSS and design elements on the fly, without even having to login to your web site.
- Web Developer Toolbar – By far, the king of the web development Firefox extensions. It adds a menu and a toolbar with various web developer tools.
- User Agent Switcher – Another good one to have for cross browser testing. It adds a menu to the toolbar so you can quickly change the user agent of the browser.
- FireShot – Take a screenshot and also add notes to it. If you are a designer, wanting to highlight key features of a design to a client, there is no better Firefox add-on out there to do just that.
- SeoQuake – Aimed at the search engine optimization crowd, this extension will help webmasters deal with the promotion side of their domains.
What Firefox add-ons and services help you get the job done when it comes to web design? Drop in a comment, and give me your own “best of” suggestions.
Welcome Digg.com Visitors! Appreciate you stopping in to check out the list. If you have any other suggestions for web developer Firefox add-ons, please add them to the comments, and I’ll be putting out a “reader-inspired” version of the list soon!
While your here, remember to subscribe to the RSS feed to get all of our updated delivered to your favorite feed reader. You can also get our posts delivered to your e-mail inbox once a day, so you never miss another Firefox tool, add-on, theme or tutorial!