You know, from an add-on called, Flagfox – I do not really expect much. So it shows a country flag depicting the location of the current website’s server location. That is neat and all, but not really helping me become a more functional website browser. What you might not know though is there is more to this simple add-on that just flags.
Tag Archives | whois
Working in the web hosting business, I need to often look up IP addresses and find out more about the servers that websites are hosted on every day. A Firefox add-on like ShowIP makes this job just a little ‘bit easier for me. With it installed, I can show the current IP address (or addresses) of the current page I am viewing in the Firefox status bar.
Want to quickly search for more social media or search engine information for any web page or link on the Web? yExplore 2 is an excellent add-on for Firefox that does exactly that, and more.
By simply right-clicking on any page you can find out the following:
- Yahoo Site Explorer Backlinks & Index
- Google Backlinks, Index, Cache
- Bing Index
- Delicious saves for a domain.
- Highlighting of NoFollow links.
- Whois Info
- and much more!
You can get more information about yExplore 2 via TwisterMC.com or the Firefox Add-ons web site. It never hurts to do your homework when it comes to looking up more information about web site links or domains out there, and the yExplore 2 extension for Firefox makes that task a whole lot easier.
For more web development add-ons for Firefox, be sure to check out my hand-picked selection of the 10 best tools out there.
- My Initial Firefox 4 Thoughts Jan/18
- RSS Feed Change, Please Read! Nov/05
- Goodbye Status Bar, Hello Add-on Bar Jan/19
- Optimized Firefox for Windows? Oct/20
- RIP Xmarks Sep/28
- Roomy Bookmarks Toolbar Jun/19
- Weather Now Jun/18
- YouTube Video and Audio Downloader Jun/17
- Double Click Closes Tab Jun/13
- PickMe Web Jun/12